If you’re struggling to get a good night’s sleep, you may be surprised to learn that there are certain plants that can help. In this blog post, we’ll share five of the best plants for promoting sleep.
5 Plants That Can Help You Sleep Better Tonight
If you’re having trouble sleeping, you might want to try incorporating some plants into your bedroom. Here are five that can help you sleep better tonight:
Lavender is a popular choice for promoting sleep because of its calming and relaxing properties. Place a few sprigs of lavender on your nightstand or bedside table, or add a few drops of lavender essential oil to your diffuser.
Jasmine is another plant that has been shown to promote better sleep. The scent of jasmine has been shown to reduce anxiety and stress, two common culprits of insomnia. Place a jasmine plant in your bedroom or add a few drops of jasmine essential oil to your diffuser.
3. Valerian Root
Valerian root is a common herbal remedy for insomnia and other sleep disorders. It’s thought to work by increasing levels of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter that promotes relaxation. You can find valerian root supplements at most health food stores.
Chamomile is a popular herbal tea that can also help you sleep better.
How To Get A Good Night’s Sleep With Plants
There are a few things you can do to make sure you get a good night’s sleep with plants.
First, try to find a plant that has a calming effect on you. This could be a lavender plant, for example. Place the plant in your bedroom or near your bed so that you can smell it when you go to bed.
Second, make sure that your bedroom is dark and cool. Plants can help to create a dark and cool environment by blocking out light and creating a refreshing atmosphere.
Third, try to avoid using electronics in your bedroom. The light from screens can disrupt your sleep. If you need to use electronics in your bedroom, try using a red light bulb to reduce the amount of light exposure.
Fourth, create a bedtime routine that includes plants. For example, you could drink chamomile tea before bed or use a diffuser with lavender oil.
Finally, don’t forget to care for your plants! Water them regularly and give them plenty of sunlight.
The Best Plants For A Good Night’s Sleep
There are a few plants that are known to help people sleep better at night. Some of these plants include:
- Lavender – Lavender is a popular herb that is known for its calming and relaxing properties. It can be found in many forms including oil, extract, and tea.
- Passionflower – Passionflower is another herb that has been traditionally used to treat insomnia and anxiety. It is available in many forms including tea, capsules, and tinctures.
- Chamomile – Chamomile is a type of flower that is often made into a tea. It is known for its calming effects and has been used as a natural remedy for insomnia for centuries.
- Valerian Root – Valerian root is an herb that has been used to treat insomnia and anxiety for many years. It is available in many forms including capsules, tea, and tinctures.
- Kava Kava – Kava kava is a type of plant that is native to the Pacific Islands. It has been used for centuries as a ceremonial drink and is known for its calming effects. It is available in many forms including powder, capsules, and tea.
If you’re looking for a better night’s sleep, consider adding some of these plants to your bedroom.
Lavender is known for its calming properties, while chamomile can help reduce anxiety. Valerian is another good option for promoting sleep, and passionflower is thought to be helpful for people with insomnia.
Finally, consider adding a plant like jasmine to your room, which is known for its ability to boost mood and promote relaxation.
About the Author
Michelle Wilde is a stay-at-home mom and avid plant lover. Armed with a postgraduate degree in Computer Science (no kidding!), she loves researching plants and landscapes. When she is not caring for her 4 kids, she spends time on her passion for plants. She blogs at www.indoorplantschannel.com, the trusted source for indoor plants.