Herniated Disc is when any cushion discs tear or leak, leading to movement or bending issues with ease. It is a spine bone problem in the middle of the bones. The human body has a series of bones right from the skull bone to the tailbone, and it is connected by round cushions, which are commonly known as discs. If these discs have any problem, it is known as herniated discs.
The herniated disc can occur in any part of the spine, but it is mainly found in the lower back, causing pain and numbness. There are spinal medical facilities in Savannah where you can visit for medication. There are some non-surgical treatments, and if not relieved, you can visit any neck spine surgery Savannah for better surgical treatment.
What are the Causes of Herniated Discs?
Aging issues mainly cause Herniated Discs. As people age, the discs wear and tear, increasing the chances of tearing or rupturing. On the other hand, if you use back muscles instead of arms or shoulder muscles to lift heavy weights, it might occur. However, there is less possibility that it might occur due to trauma.
What are the Symptoms of Herniated Disc?
Herniated discs can occur in any part, be it the neck or lower back, so the symptoms vary for these two discs. It presses the nerve causing pain and inability to move.
- Arms and Legs pain: If the herniated disc is in the lower back, you can feel pain in the buttocks, thighs, or calves. But if it is in the neck, you can feel arm and shoulder pain.
- Weakness: Spines serve as the major support for lifting and movement. If the spines are affected by tearing, you can feel weakness in movement.
- Numbness: The affected area may become numb to feel any touch. It is one of the important symptoms to understand the herniated disc issues.
What are Preventions for Herniated Disc?
- Exercise: To keep your spinal disc strong and healthy, you should exercise, which leads to better body movement. However, you must be mindful of not putting a heavy strain on the body to lift weights.
- Maintain Proper Posture: The body’s posture becomes important as it leads to the locking or unlocking of body parts. Therefore, keep your body straight, stretch, and work with your legs and arms while lifting weights and not with your back.
- Maintain weights: Weights can put pressure on discs, and it becomes more prone to wear and tear. Therefore, you must maintain your weight properly to avoid such risks.
A herniated disc is treated with non-surgical treatments like medication, physical therapy, and spinal injections, but if the problem is not relieved, you can take advice for surgery. Various surgical doctors in Savannah can advise you to take proper treatment for herniated discs so you can visit any neck spine surgery Savannah for advanced treatments.